- Groups Operations Executive
Purpose of Role
- Operate and successfully confirm group’s enquiries (Leisure Groups, Student Groups, MICE/BT, Tours and VIP bookings).
- Increase profit by selling extra service on each booking.
- Develop a portfolio of client assigned.
- Excellent customer services to clients and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving groups request (from clients around the World) on a daily basis, prioritizing this work accordingly to deadlines and start working on each booking.
- You will be fully responsible for the successful commercial outcome of every booking, taking daily decisions on mark-ups, properties, extra services and the correct operation of the booking once it has been confirmed
- Negotiating with suppliers according to the sales requirements either by e-mail or telephone to make a reservation
- Increasing profit revenue by upselling extra services to 30% of your workload.
- Rate comparison and rates negotiations with Hotels and suppliers
- Negotiations of Terms and Conditions
- Providing suitable alternatives when required and negotiating possible compensations when hotels do not provide the standard of service required
- Replying to clients/prospective clients with in services level agreement
- Dealing with all operational matters once the group has been confirmed such as amendments, pax changes, rooming, pre-forma and follow up of cancellation and payments terms and conditions
- Liaising with Sales, Contract and Accounts departments
- Inputting financial data into systems and documentation as part of the Incoming Reservations procedures
- Focusing in maintaining good relationships with existing clients and obtaining new group business
- Dealing general administration duties required within the role
- Other duties as required from time to time
Level of financial responsibility
- You will have financial authority (up to agreed limits) for decision making in relation to mark-ups, cancellations deadlines and payments deadlines
Line management responsibility
- You will be reporting to the Groups Operation Supervisor
- Available to travel and meet clients and suppliers
Experience, Qualifications, Training requirements
- Desirable Groups Reservation experience
- Desirable Negotiations experience
- Proactive approach to learn is a must
Knowledge, Skill, Behavioral requirements
- Fluent in English and another EU Language
- Strong communication, negotiation and client relationship management skills
- Good team player
- Stamina and persistence
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems – especially at the last minute
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Financial awareness including budgeting skills
- Ability to organise and plan effectively and to prioritise tasks in order to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
- A ‘can-do’ approach
- Quarterly Profit Target
- Quarterly Client Portfolio Target
- Quarterly Negotiations Target
- Quarterly Customer satisfaction review
- Errors and omissions reviews
- Constant update to clients and supplier (within the department guideline)
Details: Groups Operations Executive